One of the most amazing moments in life is the joy of having a new baby. From the tiny clothes to the precious nursery, it all seems like stuffed animals and rainbows. After the initial veil of joy wears off, you’re faced with the new reality: sleeping when you have a newborn. While newborns sleep the majority of the day, it seems that the parents are the ones who just can’t find the time to sleep. While nothing is more important than the health and well being of your child, your health and well being is also very crucial. Let’s learn how to get a few hours of shut eye in between feedings and diaper changing.
When your talalay mattress seems to be calling to you and you can’t resist, then don’t. There are some simple solutions to getting enough sleep when you have a newborn. eHow has quite a few of them.
- Make a big sign for your door that says, “Mother and baby are sleeping! Please do not knock or ring unless we are expecting you!”
- Turn off the ringer on the telephone and let the machine answer all calls. Return calls when you feel like it. People will understand.
- Nap when your baby naps. Try to resist the urge to do dishes and housework instead.
- Share sleep with, or sleep near, your baby. With the right safety precautions, this can mean a good night’s sleep for everyone.
- Accept all offers of help from friends and family. Let them come over and do a load of laundry, or even cook a family meal, while you sleep.
- Keep the room quiet and dark if you get up for night feedings. This will help your baby understand that nighttime is for sleeping, not playing.
- Take a warm bath with your baby a couple of hours before bedtime. This will relax both of you and prepare you for a good night’s sleep.
There’s also a lot of great YouTube videos out there on learning how to get sleep as a new parent. Here’s one example, but try doing your own searching as you might find a video that suits your needs even better. One thing you always have to remember is that you’re not alone. No matter how stressful it can get, you just have to remember, your mother and grandmother and great grandmother and so on all went through exactly what you’re going through, and look how you turned out! You have family and friends by your side helping you along the way. You turned out okay and just think of all the ways you can learn from your parents’ mistakes and make the perfect kid!
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/baby-talk-new-ways-to-sleep-when-you-re-a-new-parent">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
- 10 Ways to Sleep Better When You Work the Night Shift
- Does Better Sleep Mean Better Grades?
- How Sleep Helps Your Body Fight Infection
The post Baby Talk: New Ways to Sleep When You’re a New Parent appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.