Whether you’re looking for the best firm mattress on the market today or the best mattress for back pain or some other, very specific, sleep problem you’re struggling with, it’s worth getting to know a little more about your options before you buy. Mattresses vary a great deal from one model to the next in quality and in price. Take your time and avoid making any hasty decisions that might involve the purchase of a mattress you’re not sure to fall in love with and that will last for many years.
What Should You Look for When Buying a Mattress?
Buying the right mattress for your unique sleep needs is a great way to get a better night’s sleep. Just as Goldilocks discovered in the classic fairy tale, a bed that was too soft was just as uncomfortable as a bed that was too hard. However, once she found the “just right” bed she was able to drift off fast asleep. With so many different styles, types, brands, and price points to consider – way more options than Goldilocks — it’s easy to get a little overwhelmed by the job in front of you. The features below are some of the most important if you’re intent on getting a good night’s sleep.
Look for a comfort promise or sleep tight guarantee. Some retailers give you a “100 night guarantee” to return or exchange a mattress if you don’t like it. Don’t overlook the power of long-term warranties or guarantees for quality and durability as well. Just make sure you read the fine print and follow the rules regarding refunds and/or exchanges to the letter if you plan to collect. A 100-day offer is particularly good as it allows you a genuine opportunity to try the mattress out for more than a week to see how well it really works for you before you’re committed, financially, to the mattress. Plushbeds offers a very fine 100% natural latex mattress with these great benefits.
Conventional wisdom says to purchase a firm mattress and sleep on your back if you want to get a good night’s sleep. While sleeping on the best firm mattress is ideal for some people, it doesn’t work as well for everyone. In fact, there is a growing consensus that believes medium-firm mattresses are better because they provide an impressive amount of support for your joints while cradling your curves. According to the University of Connecticut Health Center, if you’re a side sleeper you should also sleep with a pillow placed between your knees in addition to a firm pillow under your head to provide adequate support for your head and neck.
Other than quality, those are perhaps the two most important considerations to keep in mind when choosing the best firm mattress for your sleep needs. You might also want to take a moment to consider the potential benefits of a natural latex mattress for firm support, a cool sleep surface, durability, and simple comfort.
Now is a great time to begin exploring your mattress options so you can find the best mattress for the money and get started on those better nights of sleep right away.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/best-firm-mattress">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold
- Which Mattress Is Best For Me Quiz
- How Much Does a Latex Mattress Weigh?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Reasons Why People Love their PlushBeds Latex Mattresses
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas?
- Where to Recycle Your Mattress
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Mattress Online
- How To Choose Your Mattress Thickness
- The Health Benefits of Gratitude
- Mattress Sizes