If you’re in the market for a new bed these days, it’s hard to resist the appeal of an adjustable bed. There are so many potential benefits to a bed of this type, and you still have the ability to sleep flat, if that is your desire. Before you make your purchase, however, there are a few details you should iron out, such as whether or not you will benefit from an adjustable bed and which mattress is the best mattress for an adjustable bed and for a better night’s sleep for you.
Lifestyle Reasons for Investing in an Adjustable Bed
There are plenty of great lifestyle choices to take into account when considering an adjustable bed. For instance, people who do any of the following:
- Work in bed
- Watch television in bed
- Read in bed
- Surf the Internet in bed
- Knit or crochet in bed
- Scrapbook in bed
You will find that adjustable beds with adequate adjustable foundations work perfectly. They are much more convenient than stacking pillows or dealing with cumbersome wedges night after night for added support while participating in these activities.
Medical Reasons to Consider Adjustable Beds
The potential health benefits of adjustable mattresses are far-reaching. The first thought that comes to mind for a large segment of the population is the relief of back pain. It’s true; there are many instances of back pain, such as degenerative spondylolisthesis, osteoarthritis, and spinal stenosis, that can be alleviated by sleeping on a supportive adjustable bed with a suitable orthopedic foundation. However, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. Relief of the following conditions, many in the medical field believe, is only an adjustment away when you have an adjustable bed:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Poor circulation
- Varicose veins
- Sleep apnea
- Breathing problems
- Swelling legs
- Acid reflux
- Back problems
- Back pain
The list could go on. There are some who believe the symptoms of head colds can be reduced by sleeping with your head elevated. Just remember that an adequate amount of support is necessary too. This makes mattress selection doubly important.
What is the Best Mattress for an Adjustable Bed?
There are so many mattresses on the market today. It’s not always easy to know which is best for what type of bed. The one thing to remember is that the mattress must adjust well in order to be a suitable match for this type of bed. Then consider the foundation. Adjustable foundations make adjustable mattresses work. One of the best mattresses to consider for adjustable beds is the 100 percent natural latex mattress. It’s natural flexibility and contouring make it an excellent choice. Memory foam mattresses are also great choices. Innerspring mattresses do not bend and flex as well, which makes them a poor choice in general for adjustable beds.
Whether you’re considering an adjustable bed for your health, your lifestyle, or simply your comfort, the benefits these beds represent are well worth considering. Just take your time, and find the right mattress to meet your needs for the best possible quality of sleep night after night.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/best-mattress-for-an-adjustable-bed">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold
- How Much Does a Latex Mattress Weigh?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Reasons Why People Love their PlushBeds Latex Mattresses
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas?
- PlushBeds' Highly-Acclaimed Mattresses Earn More Than 80 Awards
- Where to Recycle Your Mattress
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Mattress Online
- How To Choose Your Mattress Thickness