Do You have a Side of the Bed Preference?
It looks like there’s a little bit of truth in the ages old saying about waking up on the wrong side of the bed. Premier Inn hotel chain recently conducted an interview involving 3,000 UK adults regarding their sleeping styles. Nearly 75 percent of those participating in the survey have no interest in switching sides. In fact, they feel that attempting to sleep on the other side would make them feel strange.
One surprising result (or not depending on where you stand on the issue) was that people generally prefer to sleep on a specific side of the bed. For many people, nearly half, according to the poll, sleeping on the right side of the bed is fundamental to their ability to sleep well throughout the night.
Ironically, the split between left and right side was fairly equal among adults. What was not split, however, was the fact that most people had a clear preference for one or the other. Few were ambivalent.
A recent Daily Mail article reports, “More than one in ten couples argue over who sleeps on which side of the bed — and women usually win.” Among the issues most commonly cited in the report were who would be nearest the door in case of intruders or children coming into the room. The article also reveals that about five percent of men are unhappy with the side of the bed they’re sleeping on.
There is hope though, if you’re not currently sleeping on your preferred side of the bed. The survey does find that 15 percent of those surveyed do swap sides once in a while in order to spice things up.
Other interesting findings of the survey included the fact that people who prefer sleeping on the left-hand side often have a more positive outlook on life, while those who prefer sleeping on the right-hand side have significantly higher incomes.
Getting a good night’s sleep is essential for waking up in the right frame of mind the next morning, whether it’s all about sleeping on the proper side of the bed or finding the mattress that’s so perfect it doesn’t matter which side you’re sleeping on.
However, if you prefer something a little more or less firm in a mattress than your partner, and know the side of the bed you prefer sleeping on, a latex mattress might offer the perfect bed for both of you to get the perfect night’s sleep for the next 20 or so years.
PlushBeds natural latex mattresses offer the ability to customize your mattress to meet your needs by personalizing the firmness for each side. This way one partner can have more cushioning for aches and pains and pressure points, and the other partner can enjoy perfect spinal alignment with the firmness only natural latex delivers.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/do-you-have-a-side-of-the-bed-preference">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- The Mattress Recommended by Chiropractors and Orthopedists
- Will An Adjustable Bed Help You Sleep Better?
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide: Luxury Becoming Necessity
- Does Better Sleep Mean Better Grades?
- Is Sleep Learning Real?
- Nap/Tuck – Want to Lose Weight? Sleep it Off!
- Snoozing on the Go: Tips to Get Your Kids Napping in the Car
- Burning the Candle at Both Ends: College Students
- Tips for Sleeping Well When Away from Your Latex Mattress
- PlushBeds Awarded Best Mattress Of 2018
- Never too Early to Dream: Children Dream in the Womb
- Organize the Bedroom Without Destroying Your Sanity
- How to Get a Great Night of Sleep Before Your Wedding Day
- Does Too Much Turkey Actually Make You Tired?
- Is Kiwi a Natural Sleep Inducer?
- The Truth About Showering Before Bed
- 10 New Year’s Resolutions for Better Sleep
- What is Sleep Debt and Can a Latex Mattress Help?
The post Do You have a Side of the Bed Preference? appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.