Comfort is a big question mark for many people who are interested in latex mattresses — largely if they haven’t tried one for themselves. Michael Breus, PhD and WebMD sleep expert says that latex is one of the best mattress materials because it is firm and supportive, but also comfortable. It’s very similar to memory foam, but offers more support, which is ideal for relieving back pain. These are just a few of the reasons why you might come to share Breus’ opinion about latex mattresses.
The only other mattress on the market today to come close to the degree of customizability of a latex mattress is an adjustable air mattress, which has its own set of cons to deal with. Not only can you choose your own latex mattress firmness level between soft, medium, medium-firm, and firm, but some manufacturers such as PlushBeds allow you the opportunity to choose two different firmness levels for different sides of the mattress.
Here’s where it gets really interesting, though. If you purchase a latex mattress and decide it’s a little too firm or not quite firm enough to suit your needs, you can exchange the comfort layer of your latex mattress to make it more suitable for your needs — after the sale.
This means that you can have the mattress in your home and use it night after night to test it out. If you find, once you’ve slept on it for a while, that it’s not quite the right amount of support, or perhaps a little too firm, you can exchange a comfort layer for a flat $45 fee within 100 nights and change the entire way your mattress feels.
How many times do you wake up in the middle of the night because your partner is awake? Whether it’s the result of frequent late night bathroom visits, your partner is a midnight snacker, or you have a tiny infant at home your spouse is caring for, you probably wish it didn’t feel like a minor tsunami every time the other person got into or out of your bed.
With a latex mattress, you don’t feel the movements of the other person. It’s called the zero motion transfer benefit of a latex mattress because it doesn’t transfer to the other side of the mattress. Flying elbows the mattress can’t control, but tossing and turning on the other side of the bed now gets a “does not disturb” sign.
This coolness factor isn’t about the hipness of purchasing a latex mattress that’s good for the planet and for the family. It’s about not waking up because you’re too hot to sleep because of your mattress. Unlike memory foam mattresses, latex mattresses allow air to flow freely through the mattress keeping you coolly comfortably throughout the night.
Whether you’re looking for mattresses that can prevent or reduce aches and pains, like hip pain and shoulder pain, or one that allows you to not feel like you’ve been beat up by tidal waves all night as your partner gets in and out of bed, latex mattresses are a great solution for a comfortable night’s sleep — 9,000 or so of them.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/is-a-latex-mattress-comfortable">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Sleeping After Shoulder Surgery
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold
- Best Mattress For Hot Sleepers
- How Much Does a Latex Mattress Weigh?
- Best Sheets For Hot Sleepers
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Reasons Why People Love their PlushBeds Latex Mattresses
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas?
- Latex Mattress Buying Guide
- How to Find a Sustainable Mattress
- Where to Recycle Your Mattress
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Mattress Online
- How To Choose Your Mattress Thickness
- The Health Benefits of Gratitude