There are so many different mattress choices out there, sometimes it can be hard to find the perfect one. Between all of the different mattress stores, brands and types, it can be quite a chore to make this decision that seems like a fairly easy one on the outside. You have a lot of choices but let’s go over one choice that we are big fans of here at PlushBeds, the latex mattress option.
The first thing you should know about latex mattresses, is that even with this singular type of mattress, there are different kinds of latex, mainly, the synthetic and the natural. When you purchase a synthetic latex mattress, you’re not getting your money’s worth out of your mattress. With synthetic latex, there are greater chances of developing allergies from your mattress and synthetic latex mattresses tend to trap odor more easily (and who wants a smelly mattress?)
Latex mattresses started off as mattress toppers and have recently become very popular as “core mattresses” due to their comfort and durability. In a recent study conducted, 85% of people surveyed found that latex mattresses are more comfortable than the leading memory foam, air or water mattresses. In addition to being extremely comfortable, latex mattress are known for lasting through the years.
Natural latex mattresses are known for being hypoallergenic, and really work to prevent dust mites and dirt from entering your bed space. This in turn allows for a great night of sleep without the fear of dust, allergies and mites interrupting you.
Latex is both a very dense surface, but also because of its elastic properties, still has a yielding, giving, and conforming quality. So for those that just haven’t been able to get a good night’s sleep or have unrelieved pain issues, a latex mattress is a top of the line alternative that has a very different feel, offers unparalleled comfort and support, that may very well be the mattress of your dreams.
Every mattress buyer should know that all mattresses called “latex mattresses” are not the same. How can this be? Well, it is a long story that boils down to this — synthetic latex was created during World War II (to help deal with shortages of the natural latex needed for the war effort), and these days a mattress is considered latex regardless of whether it is made of natural latex (made from the sap of the rubber tree) or of synthetic latex (made from petrochemicals), or more commonly a mix of synthetic and natural latex (referred to, in the industry, as a “blend” of latex). So it’s important to really inspect a latex mattress before you buy it. Do your research to find what kind of latex would be ideal for you. PlushBeds is a great place to explore latex mattress options. Check it out for more information!
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/loving-latex-the-latex-mattress-that-will-change-the-way-you-sleep">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- How to Care for Your Mattress
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold
- How Much Does a Latex Mattress Weigh?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Reasons Why People Love their PlushBeds Latex Mattresses
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas?
- Latex Mattress Buying Guide
- How to Find a Sustainable Mattress
- Where to Recycle Your Mattress
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Mattress Online
- How To Choose Your Mattress Thickness
The post Loving Latex: The Latex Mattress That Will Change the Way You Sleep appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.