PlushBeds Independence Day 2020 Mattress Sale July 02, 2020
How Your Mattress Protector Serves and Protects July 02, 2020
10 Ways to Sleep Better When You Work the Night Shift June 17, 2020
15 Benefits of a Natural Latex Mattress Topper June 01, 2020
Posted on by Alex Wood
One of the best loved features of PlushBeds’ natural latex mattresses is the coolness factor. And we’re not talking about the fact that it’s “hip” to buy one of our latex mattresses (though we certainly think it is), but about the fact that the mattresses sleep cool temperature wise — unlike other foam mattresses on the market today.
Temperature Regulation Contributing Factors
There are many reasons PlushBeds mattresses sleep cooler than so many of our competitors. Some people credit the open cell design of the latex core. Other people credit the open slat foundation system. Still others believe it has a lot to do with the 100 percent natural wool that’s used as a fire retardant.
We here at PlushBeds like to think it’s the powerful combination of all these features that makes it possible, though the pure Joma New Zealand wool certainly plays a vital role.
100% Natural Wool keeps you cool and comfortable so you sleep better naturally. Also ensures your safety by exceeding flammability standards.
The Noteworthy Absence of PBDEs
Fire retardants are important for mattresses today. They are required by law for all U.S. mattresses, but they’re also an important safety feature. Unfortunately, many mattresses use polybrominated diphenyl ethers (otherwise referred to as PBDEs) for the purpose of fire resistance.
The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine recently concluded that “prenatal exposure to PBDEs, a group of flame retardants that are detectable in virtually all US children, was strongly associated with cognitive deficits and hyperactivity behaviors in children.”
PlushBeds uses no PBDEs in our mattresses. In our Botanical Bliss latex mattress we use only pure Joma New Zealand wool, which exceeds federal standards for providing a flame-resistant barrier without the harmful chemicals (and their offgassing) and nasty side effects found in PBDEs. [tweetability]Anyone interested in limiting exposure to harmful chemicals is well served by choosing a mattress that uses a natural wool barrier[/tweetability] rather than chemical flame retardants.
Natural Wool’s Other Endearing Qualities
Of course, there is more to love about natural wool than its fire retardant nature. Additional benefits of Natural Wool, other than the natural fire barrier and exceeding flammability standards, are the following:
- Additional padding for another layer of plushness and comfort
- Amazing softness that has been compared to the softness of a baby’s breath
- Exceptional temperature regulation that keeps you cooler in the warm summer months and warmer when temperatures dip in the winter
With the news about PBDEs and the risks associated with them, anyone (children, adults, and the elderly) can benefit from eliminating mattresses and other materials in their home that contain them — especially when natural and organic mattress alternatives such as those containing natural wool exist.
A wool barrier provides superior fire protection without any of the risks associated with the PBDEs so commonly found in mattresses and other household products. The only question remaining is why on earth anyone would continue using a mattress containing these harmful ingredients now that we know they’re there.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/natural-wool-for-fire-retardant-and-temperature-regulation">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
- What to Know About PlushBeds MobilePlush RV Mattress Collection
- Sleep Tips For Healthcare Workers
- 5 Natural Ways to Build Your Immune System
- Advantages of Sleeping with a Wool Comforter This Winter
- How Did the Letters Z-z-z-z-z-z Become Synonymous With Sleep and Snoring?
- How to Build a Bedtime Routine for You AND Your Kids
- Organic and Natural Teas That May Help You Fall Asleep
- What is a Weighted Blanket and What Are Its Benefits?
- What Happens With Our Sleep as We Age
- Health Benefits of Napping
- 10 Tips to Help You Wind Down at the End of the Day
- How to Help Your Child (and You) Adjust to Daylight Savings Time Changes
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Your Sleep Position
- Parent’s Guide to Healthy Sleep for Children
- How to Create a Healthy Morning Routine
- 10 Healthy Foods For Better Sleep
- How To Assemble Your Latex Mattress
The post Natural Wool for Fire Retardant and Temperature Regulation appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.
is added to your shopping cart.