PlushBeds Independence Day 2020 Mattress Sale July 02, 2020
How Your Mattress Protector Serves and Protects July 02, 2020
10 Ways to Sleep Better When You Work the Night Shift June 17, 2020
15 Benefits of a Natural Latex Mattress Topper June 01, 2020
Posted on by Amber Merton
BedTimes Online Magazine reports that in 2008 the Better Sleep Council conducted a poll of Baby Boomers (adults born between 1946 and 1964) discovering that Baby Boomers had something pretty big in common. They all have new mattresses placed high on their “want” lists.
In fact, despite knowing that traditional innerspring mattresses should be replaced every five to seven years, many Boomers reported waiting until their mattresses were eight years or older before they were willing to shop around for new mattresses.
The survey did reveal, though, that younger Boomers are more tuned into the idea of buying mattresses more frequently and replacing them within the five to seven year window than older Boomers.
Other Facts About Baby Boomers and Sleep
The study revealed other causes for concern when it comes to Baby Boomers and sleep. Nearly 43 percent of them admitted that they get six or fewer hours of sleep on a normal night and more than half have trouble falling asleep and remaining asleep. This particular problem, however, seems much more prevalent among women.
Women also get the short end of the stick when it comes to having problems sleeping at night. Only one third of women believe they have no trouble sleeping at night while half of men are able to sleep easily. Among those who have chronic sleep problems, 18 percent are women while only 12 percent are men.
Having children at home under the age of 18 also cuts into the snooze time of Boomers with 49 percent of this group getting six hours or less of sleep while the number is only 43 percent among those who do not have children at home.
Mattress Placement on Priority Lists for Boomers
While many Boomers admittedly do not intend to buy mattresses before the eight year mark, it did place high on the list of purchasing priorities. Not as high as a new television (which took 30 percent of interest), but completely respectable at 18 percent, and higher than a new computer among men and women. Third place was a close match between a new computer (preferred largely by men) and a new refrigerator, which was a larger priority for women.
What do Boomers Want in Their Mattresses?
The focus of a separate BedTimes Online Magazine article is about the common aches and pains impacting boomers and how mattress makers need to focus on creating mattresses that help relieve the pains associated with numerous conditions affecting Baby Boomers such as back pain, arthritis, snoring issues, pressure points and mobility issues.
PlushBeds latex mattresses are built to last well beyond the five to seven years the average mattress maintains its ability to adequately support a sleeping body. Baby Boomers considering new mattresses will do well to consider the comfort, support, and durability natural latex mattresses provide.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/new-mattress-purchase-high-on-baby-boomers-wish-list">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
- What to Know About PlushBeds MobilePlush RV Mattress Collection
- Sleep Tips For Healthcare Workers
- 5 Natural Ways to Build Your Immune System
- 7 Tell-Tale Signs It’s Time for a New Mattress
- How Did the Letters Z-z-z-z-z-z Become Synonymous With Sleep and Snoring?
- How to Build a Bedtime Routine for You AND Your Kids
- Organic and Natural Teas That May Help You Fall Asleep
- What is a Weighted Blanket and What Are Its Benefits?
- What Happens With Our Sleep as We Age
- Health Benefits of Napping
- 10 Tips to Help You Wind Down at the End of the Day
- How to Help Your Child (and You) Adjust to Daylight Savings Time Changes
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Your Sleep Position
- Parent’s Guide to Healthy Sleep for Children
- This Innovative Non-Toxic Mattress Changed the Way I Sleep
- How Long Do Latex Mattresses Last?
- What Is a Hybrid Latex Mattress?
- How to Create a Healthy Morning Routine
- 10 Healthy Foods For Better Sleep
- How To Assemble Your Latex Mattress
The post New Mattress Purchase High on Baby Boomers Wish List appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.
is added to your shopping cart.