10 Ways to Sleep Better When You Work the Night Shift June 17, 2020
15 Benefits of a Natural Latex Mattress Topper June 01, 2020
Posted on by Alex Wood
In today’s world, it seems we have steps and “how tos” for almost all areas of life. How to get a foot in the door to a new job, how to talk to your kids about touchy issues, but one area where we can sometimes be left in the dark is when it comes to the bedroom. Learning how to organize the bedroom may seem trivial, but this task can help you live a much more calm and focused life. By eliminating the stress of a messy room, you could eliminate a lot more problems than you think.
Studies conclude that organizing your bedroom will help you to dress, sleep and wake up more peacefully and cleaner too, as you won’t be surrounded by clutter. These easy steps below will not only help you, but they can be done quickly (two or three hours tops) so that your whole day is not destroyed by the task.
- Grab a basket or bin and toss anything in that is out of place. Look for errant socks and things that really belong in the bathroom or the kitchen.
- Return everything in that bin that belongs in your bedroom to it’s proper place.
- Head to the closet and concentrate first on hanging clothes and ensure that similar items are hung together (pants with pants, button-down shirt with button-down shirts). Move hanging pieces until everything is hung together the way you like it. For instance, if you want to have everything color-coded keep going until all of your navy blues are lined up.
- Then start on the folded clothes in your closet like sweaters and long-sleeve shirts. There’s no need to re-fold everything (unless it’s a total disaster in there) just straighten the stacks. If you continually notice your neatly folded stacks of sweaters and moving out of place, consider some shelf dividers.
- Next, spend 5-10 minutes picking out your clothes for the next 3 days. It may seem a little OCD, but this will make your life infinitely easier! Hang the next day’s outfit up on a valet hook. This process will save you about 30 minutes over the next 3 mornings while only taking your 5-10 right now, since you’re already in your closet and have just touched and eyed the majority of your wardrobe. Image source: IheartOrganizing.Blogspot.com
- Since you’re already in your bedroom, you may as well straighten up your night table for 2 minutes. Move reading materials, jewelry and glasses back to their homes.
- Finally, take that bin and return everything in it that belongs outside the bedroom and return it to its proper storage space.
After you’ve finished those easy steps, the hardest part is yet to come: keeping yourself organized! Try to repeat this process once a week, just to keep on top of your routine. Don’t forget to reward yourself with a nap on your botanical mattress, after all, you’ve worked hard!
The post Organize the Bedroom Without Destroying Your Sanity appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.