PlushBeds is honored to be a sponsor, supporter and partner in Shop for Good Sunday. It’s a day to support businesses that do good in their communities and around the world. Known by many names: social impact companies, ethical and sustainable brands, etc., these heroes of the Shop for Good movement, create unique, high quality products, that have a positive impact on humans, animals and the environment.
Each year, shoppers spend one trillion dollars on their holiday purchases. On November 25, 2018, Shop for Good Sunday encourages shoppers to buy from companies that do good in their communities and the world.
Additionally, shoppers who shop through the SFGS website can do so with confidence that all proceeds earned by the shop on Shop for Good Sunday will be donated to RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network), the largest organization dedicated to abolishing sexual violence in the country.
DoneGood,which is a Boston-based social enterprise Forbes called “The Amazon of Social Good,” founded Shop for Good Sunday in 2017. DoneGood was created with a simple mission: to make it quick, easy, and affordable to use your purchasing power for good.
Support for Shop for Good Sunday
There is widespread support for Shop for Good Sunday, a day set aside to support business organizations that do good in their communities and around the world.
Besides us here at PlushBeds, some of the more than 100 supporting organizations for this venture include:
- One Percent for the Planet – An organization encouraging businesses and individuals to support environmental solutions with their everyday actions as well as annual giving and memberships.
- Charity Charge – A credit card that donates your “cash back” rewards to the nonprofit you select. It provides you with passive giving opportunities.
- The Climate Museum – New York City museum dedicated to encouraging citizens to take more active roles in “climate citizenship.”
- Free the Slaves – Organization dedicated to liberating slaves and ending human trafficking globally.
- Oxfam – An organization dedicated to erasing poverty throughout the world.
- Rainforest Alliance – An organization dedicated to biodiversity, conservation, and sustainable livelihoods.
- Social Enterprise Alliance – Champion and catalyst spurring the development of social enterprises throughout the U.S.
- Sustainable Fashion Alliance – Bay area organization devoted to sustainable, innovative, and thoughtful fashion worldwide.
- Thr3efold – Technical platform promoting ethical manufacturing in the fashion industry.
- Wildfire – Cloud-based community that matches businesses seeking actionable service projects with community organizations in need of support.
With continued support, we can help the world, through responsible and motivated purchases from businesses that give back to their communities and the world.
Products and Services You’ll Find from Shop for Good Sunday Vendors
Among the products and services you’ll find at these vendors, and many more features on the Shop for Good Sunday website, are vendors that do the following:
- Offer products that are organic and toxin-free
- Empower workers
- Offer eco-friendly products and business practices
- Create vegan and/or cruelty-free products
- Recycle or upcycle materials
- Made in the USA products
- Products by women and/or minority-owned businesses
- Give back to the communities or the world
You can call them any name you like, social enterprises, responsible businesses, ethical brands, sustainable brands, etc. The bottom line is that these are the businesses that do good through their business practices, and your business supports the good business and the good works they do.
Which Organizations Do You Buy From?
Since Shop for Good Sunday is a day to do good through shopping, it makes sense that you’ll want to know more about the businesses that participate in this type of charitable giving. The Shop for Good Sunday website has made it easier than ever to shop with businesses and organizations that do good, by linking to many of these sites directly from their own.
SFGS has partnered with a wide range of businesses dedicated to doing good. Here are a few:
- PlushBeds – A luxury organic mattress manufacturer and retailer. All of PlushBeds mattresses are handcrafted in California, using the finest quality, certified organic materials. PlushBeds is known for their planetary initiatives, green scholarships, environmentally conscious, ethical and sustainable business practices, and wide variety of charitable giving.
- Blue Mayan Coffee – A coffee company dedicated to sustainable environmental and social impacts through their business practices.
- Corkor – A certified vegan crafting organization that creates products that are 100% animal-free and feel just like leather. What sets this company apart is that they also allow customers to designate the organizations they’d like to receive a donation for 1% of their purchase prices.
- For Purpose Kids – Subscription service for kids that teaches them essential life lessons concerning being kind, doing good, and making their worlds better.
- Good Cloth – Luxury apparel and home goods products that vets all products for transparent supply chains and well-intentioned design. The organization is committed to fighting human trafficking, supporting women entrepreneurs, and inspiring consumers to understand that their purchasing practices matter.
- Made for Freedom – A fashion website that focuses on ending human trafficking. Made for Freedom encourages consumers to join the fight against human trafficking by investigating where their clothing items come from, how they are made, and demanding a transparent supply line in all their purchases.
- Marketplace Handwork of India – Beautiful women’s clothing and accessories, handmade by women living in the poorest areas of Mumbai, empowering women to provide for their families.
- Purse & Clutch – Stunning purses, totes, wallets, clutches, and accessories made by artisans in Guatemala and Ethiopia through ethical practices devoted to ending the cycles of poverty that are so prevalent in these regions.
- Prosperity Candle – Candles crafted by women artisans and refugees. Candles are Fair Trade, and the company is a majority female-owned enterprise.
- Majamas Earth – Extremely comfortable and eco-friendly clothing for men, women, and babies, the brand also features an impressive collection of maternity sizes as well as a little something for your fur-babies.
- Toad & Co – Organization devoted to sustainability and eco-friendly business practices, including reducing CO2 emissions by more than 51 tons in 2018.
As you can see there are many ways you can get involved in the effort to Shop for Good, with many brands and products represented within the mix.
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for Sunday, November 25th, and let your shopping dollars tell the world where your priorities lie.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/shop-for-good-sunday-november-25-2018">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.