Sleeping Better Can Be As Easy As Redecorating Your Bedroom
We’ve all had those nights where sleep just doesn’t come easy. No matter how hard you try, you end up just staring at the ceiling above your botanical mattress frustrated with yourself for not sleeping. Have you ever thought that the reason you aren’t able to sleep at night might be due to the colors and style of your room? Scientists and doctors alike conclude that redecorating your bedroom can be a very unique and easy way to sleep better and longer. The color choices and style decisions you make in your room could seriously affect your quality and quantity of sleep.
When it comes to the colors in your bedroom, there are so many options to pick from. Let’s go over some appropriate shades to use and avoid when redecorating.
Shades to Use
- When attempting to produce feelings of relaxation, look no further than colors found readily within nature. Cool hues like those within the green or blue color families provide a peaceful tone to a room. These shades can evoke a seaside feeling, with calming ocean waters to help put you in a tranquil mood.
- Pastels create a calming feeling within a room as well. Choose shades like lavender or powder blue to evoke a little peace within. If you want a calming room but aren’t a fan of ocean colors or pastels, neutral shades could be right up your alley. Neutrals provide less stimulation and therefore give a room the sense of peace. This includes colors like browns, tans and grays.
Colors to Avoid
- Certain colors act in the opposite way of calming shades. Rather than allowing you to relax and feel peaceful, these hues stimulate your eyes and, in turn, your brain. Bright colors may make it harder to sleep, since there is so much for your eyes to focus on. Colors in the red family should be avoided for decoration if you want to have a relaxing room because the boldness of red or orange stimulates the senses.
- While white may seem like a good choice for a peaceful room, white walls reflect a lot of light and can make it hard for eyes to focus. White within the decorating scheme, however, such as white bookshelves or end tables, may work well when paired with calming colors.
- When considering creating the perfect room environment, one key location often gets overlooked. Having the right shade on your ceiling completes the peaceful, tranquil hideaway look you desire. Most ceilings receive white paint and little else is thought about them. However, “This Old House” suggests painting your ceiling a shade or two lighter than the color on your walls to create a warm, cozy environment.
- In addition, because there is less contrast between the walls and the ceiling color, the room appears bigger. If you want the room to seem a bit smaller, try using a color like robin’s egg blue to bring the walls in and add more calm sensations.
Obviously, a bedroom is what you make of it and a lot has to do with your own unique style and artistic taste. There are many beautiful options out there for decorating that all still fit within these guidelines!
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/sleeping-better-can-be-as-easy-as-redecorating-your-bedroom">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- The Mattress Recommended by Chiropractors and Orthopedists
- Will An Adjustable Bed Help You Sleep Better?
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide: Luxury Becoming Necessity
- Does Better Sleep Mean Better Grades?
- Nap/Tuck – Want to Lose Weight? Sleep it Off!
- Snoozing on the Go: Tips to Get Your Kids Napping in the Car
- Burning the Candle at Both Ends: College Students
- Tips for Sleeping Well When Away from Your Latex Mattress
- PlushBeds Awarded Best Mattress Of 2018
- Never too Early to Dream: Children Dream in the Womb
- Organize the Bedroom Without Destroying Your Sanity
- How to Get a Great Night of Sleep Before Your Wedding Day
- Does Too Much Turkey Actually Make You Tired?
- Is Kiwi a Natural Sleep Inducer?
- Feng Shui for Your Bedroom
- Introducing Designer Beds: Why They're Worth It
- The Truth About Showering Before Bed
- 10 New Year’s Resolutions for Better Sleep
- What is Sleep Debt and Can a Latex Mattress Help?
The post Sleeping Better Can Be As Easy As Redecorating Your Bedroom appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.