Summer is coming fast. Did you know that sheets can make a world of difference in how well you sleep? Many people are in the market for sheets this time of year. The right sheets can make new and innovative ways to keep your cool at night without breaking the bank by turning the air conditioning way down.
Rising temperatures on the outside will not keep you hot and bothered all night long if you keep these things in mind as you shop for sheets this summer.
Buy Sheets Made with Natural Fibers
Natural fibers are simply more breathable than synthetic fibers. Silk sheets are highly recommended for summer time slumber, but cotton is a more affordable alternative. If possible, 100 percent organic cotton is a perfectly breathable and green solution. However, percale, sateen, and jersey cotton work well for cooler summer sleep too.
Choose Light Colors for Your Sheets and Bedding
The summer sun shines brightly through windows. Light colored sheets reflect the heat away from your bed while darker colored sheets absorb the heat, holding it in long after the sun has gone down for the day.
Consider Boosting Cooling Sheet Effects with a Cooling Mattress Topper or Pad
There are several options available to you when it comes to cooling mattress toppers, including cool gel memory foam toppers and natural latex toppers. The best natural latex mattress toppers are made with all natural ingredients and work to wick moisture away from the skin for an evaporative cooling effect while also allowing cool air to flow through, thanks to the open cell design of latex, for further cooling effects. If you don’t have a latex mattress yet, a natural latex topper can transform an innerspring mattress. Cool gel memory foam toppers are yet another option.
Look for Sheets Designed to Wick Moisture Away
Evaporative cooling technology is the perfect aid for a better night’s sleep all summer long. Several sheet manufacturers have labored long to develop wicking sheets designed to help users stay cool and dry throughout the night.
Whether your problem is night sweats, menopause, pregnancy, medication, or illness-related or simply the result of the season, there is a line of sheets perfect to meet your needs. Some that are making headlines at the moment include:
- Wicked Sheets
- Protech Performance Sheets
Different desires may have led to their design, but these types of sheets have a lot to offer. Sheex, for instance, was all about keeping you dry and regulating your temperature at night, while Wicked Sheets intended to relieve the problem of nighttime sweating. The results are the same, however – the moisture is wicked away from the skin leaving behind a dryer, cooler you.
If you’re looking for a better way to keep cool while you sleep throughout the summer, these are great ways to begin your efforts. You may find that high performance sheets are the best solution, even if they are a little pricier than average sheets on the market. Natural latex mattress toppers provide an additional method of staying cool too. You will simply have to decide the best option for your summertime sheet needs.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/the-best-summer-sheets">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
- How to Keep Your Sleep on Track When Working from Home
- 5 Beds Sheets That Will Help You Sleep Cool This Summer
- Guide to Cleaning Your Pillows, Sheets, Mattress Protector, Comforter, and Latex Mattress
- Sleep Tips For Healthcare Workers
- 5 Natural Ways to Build Your Immune System
- How Did the Letters Z-z-z-z-z-z Become Synonymous With Sleep and Snoring?
- How to Build a Bedtime Routine for You AND Your Kids
- Organic and Natural Teas That May Help You Fall Asleep
- What is a Weighted Blanket and What Are Its Benefits?
- What Happens With Our Sleep as We Age
- Health Benefits of Napping
- 10 Tips to Help You Wind Down at the End of the Day
- How to Help Your Child (and You) Adjust to Daylight Savings Time Changes
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Your Sleep Position
- Parent’s Guide to Healthy Sleep for Children