Resilience and longevity are not words that typically come to mind with traditional mattresses. Many conventional mattresses are designed with a five to seven year shelf life (at least as far as comfort is concerned) at best. But, the market now has a few options available that are proving the old standards for resilience and longevity are truly outdated. Maybe it’s time to forget about sleep numbers and old-fashioned coil mattresses and explore the potential benefits of all-natural latex mattresses instead.
The Resilience of a Natural Latex Mattress
The natural latex mattress stands out as a superb product as far as resilience goes. This means that it will withstand days upon days and nights upon nights of getting in and out of bed without experiencing a loss in height — or comfort to you. In fact, latex is one of the most resilient substances used in the manufacturing of natural mattresses today. It recovers and retains it shape year after year of many nights of blissful sleep.
The Longevity of a Natural Latex Mattress
Resiliency is one thing. Longevity is something else altogether. A high-quality natural latex foam mattress can last up to 20 to 25 years or longer. Pure botanical latex mattresses that are 100 percent natural latex can be a little on the pricey side. Blended latex and synthetic latex mattresses will have shorter shelf lives similar to other mattresses on the market today. However, if you look for all-natural latex or latex blend mattresses that offer long-term warranties (20 to 25 years) you should be able to find a suitable high-quality latex mattress that will meet your needs.
Considerations when Buying Latex Mattresses
Knowing how resilient and durable latex mattresses are is one thing. Picking out the right natural latex mattress to meet your needs is something else entirely. Synthetic latex doesn’t live up to the same standards of resilience and durability of an all natural organic mattress. While blended latex has a small amount of latex added to a synthetic product, they typically don’t off the body-contouring support and bouncy feel you get from a real natural latex mattress. If you want to get the maximum benefit from your latex mattress purchase, make sure you’re buying organic natural latex
There are many benefits beyond these to consider if you’re in the market for natural latex mattresses over other mattress types and brands. Be sure to explore these other benefits – such as mold and mildew resistance as well as resistance to dust mites and odor-causing microbial organisms, in addition to the durability and longevity natural latex mattresses offer. In doing so, you’re giving yourself the opportunity to get the quality sleep you need — and deserve.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/the-resilience-and-longevity-of-a-natural-latex-mattress">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Sustainable Bedding
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold
- How Much Does a Latex Mattress Weigh?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Reasons Why People Love their PlushBeds Latex Mattresses
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas?
- Latex Mattress Buying Guide
- How to Find a Sustainable Mattress
- Where to Recycle Your Mattress
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Mattress Online
- How To Choose Your Mattress Thickness
The post The Resilience and Longevity of a Natural Latex Mattress appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.