Natural latex has a lot to offer consumers when it comes to mattresses. Not only does it provide for a much better night’s sleep, but it also has a few secret benefits that aren’t as widely known about latex and the mattresses it creates.
Health Benefits of a Good Night’s Sleep
You’ve probably heard countless adages by now about how a good night’s sleep is better than money in the bank. But, do you have any idea how much fact these statements are based on? There’s a reason that bed rest is a common part of the prescription for many of life’s ailments – it’s effective. Sleep allows your body the opportunity to do what it was designed to do (heal itself) in more optimal conditions than it can achieve while awake. These are just a few of the health factors that can be impacted negatively by getting too little sleep at night:
- Mood – do people duck for cover when you walk into a room after a sleepless night?
- Mental acuity – It’s simply impossible to think when your mind is in a fog of sleep deprivation for the entire day – it gets even worse after consecutive sleepless nights.
- Coordination and muscle control – this helps you avoid potentially significant slips and falls that can lead to broken bones or worse.
- Immune response – your body is simply able to fight off diseases more effectively when it’s had a good night’s worth of sleep the night before.
The list could go on and on, but you probably have a good idea by now of how important a proper amount of sleep at night really is.
Unexpected Health Benefits Specific to Natural Latex Mattresses
Latex mattresses created from 100% pure botanical latex offer a few unanticipated health benefits to many owners who had never even considered the possibilities before. These benefits might come as quite a surprise, but are well worth considering as you make your final mattress buying decisions. Being a natural mattress means they possess these qualities and properties:
- Mold resistant
- Mildew resistant
- Inhospitable to dust mites
- Breathable materials (won’t sleep hot)
These things may not seem all that impressive one by one. But, when you put them together, they form a powerful and compelling reason to have natural latex mattresses near the top of your short list of mattresses to consider as opposed to man-made synthetic options.
The Absence of Pain
Another benefit to consider, especially for people who suffer from chronic back pain, is the fact that natural latex mattresses provide excellent support for proper spine alignment while sleeping. They also provide just enough give to hug your body’s natural shaping so that you can rest comfortably. This means less pain in the morning. People who have dealt with long-term back pain know how intense and draining it can be. A simple change of mattress can bring a great deal of relief for improved mental and physical health.
Natural organic latex mattresses provide a wide range of benefits to the people who sleep on them night after night. Isn’t it time to try it out for yourself to see what kind of difference it can make for you?
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/why-natural-latex-makes-for-a-healthier-mattress">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide
- What Makes a Mattress Vegan? | PlushBeds.com
- How to Choose a Mattress If You Have Scoliosis
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Pregnancy
- Sleeping After Shoulder Surgery
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold
- How Much Does a Latex Mattress Weigh?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Reasons Why People Love their PlushBeds Latex Mattresses
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress