It’s Labor Day Monday and for most of us, that means the official end to summer. This week, all the kids will be heading back to the classrooms and out of the beaches. The adults’ vacation days are slowly dwindling, so full time work weeks will be more of a regular occurrence than those long and luxurious three day weekends. While you’re undoubtedly trying to cram in all of summer into this last long weekend, remember to pace yourself. Let’s go over some tips on how to sleep after a big weekend and the proper way to wind down on labor day. Going to extremes on your last day of vacation before work or school starts up again is a mistake that a lot of us make and what we don’t always realize is that you’ll be paying for it all week long.
This Labor Day, instead of going crazy and trying to fit in the last minute back to school shopping at the insanely crowded stores, try these steps to relax during your day off.
- Eat a nice hot breakfast such as frozen waffles, pop tarts, pancakes, bacon and eggs: Along with that, a cup of hot tea or coffee is recommended. Also, orange juice is a great morning drink, because it will give you all the energy you need for the day of relaxation.
- Take a long, hot shower or bath to get you up and awake, then either get in a clean pair of pajamas, a comfortable outfit such as sweatpants and a sweatshirt or a bathing suit.
- Be a little self indulgent: Spend some time on the computer or watching your favorite show, listen to music, etc. If it’s sunny out, bring your favorite book outside and catch those last glorious rays of summer in the most relaxing way possible.
- Eat your favorite snack or dessert and do whatever suits your interests. If you’d like to go for a nice walk, or do yoga or just lay out and relax, it’s your day to wind down, that means you get to choose how to spend it!
- Turn off your cell phone. Spend one day away from the burdens of that little android. Let your mind be stimulated by other forces, like nature or a chick flick. Try not to get distracted by the technology that you spend most of the week attached to.
Most importantly and above all, these tips will allow you to wind down and relax from the summer which will help you in getting the best night sleep before fall officially commences. Remember to sleep on talalay bedding for the most comfortable and natural night of sleep. Try not to forget, the whole point of labor day is not to labor for one day. Enjoy those fleeting moments of summer and relax today!
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/winding-down-on-labor-day-how-to-sleep-after-a-big-weekend">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Common Characteristics of the Best Sleepers
- The Mattress Recommended by Chiropractors and Orthopedists
- Just Five More Minutes: America’s Napping Tendencies [Survey]
- How to Choose a Mattress If You Have Scoliosis
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Pregnancy
- Sleeping After Shoulder Surgery
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
The post Winding Down on Labor Day: How to Sleep After a Big Weekend appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.