All you need to do is place a mattress topper on top of your existing mattress to feel like you have a new bed to sleep in. According to SleepBetter.org, “A good mattress topper can add support to a mattress that is a bit too soft. It can also add luxurious softness to a mattress that is too firm, while not taking away from the support of the mattress.” But, how can you identify the right mattress topper to suit your sleep needs best?
Points to Consider when Purchasing Mattress Toppers
Some toppers are simply better than others. Additionally, not all of them are the right fit for all people with all sleep needs. There are a few — like the natural latex mattress toppers and memory foam mattress toppers — that are heads and shoulders above the rest when it comes to comfort, support, and getting a good night’s sleep. Here are a few points you want to consider when buying mattress toppers.
1) Explore your options. There are quite a few different types and materials to consider in mattress toppers. Memory foam mattress toppers and natural latex mattress toppers are among the top contenders for comfort and support, which leads to some well-rested and happy customers. Other options for mattress toppers include down, synthetic down, wool, cotton, and latex blends.
2) Toppers have a tendency to shift over time. However, it’s a minor inconvenience. You can minimize the frequency of your need to readjust the topper by investing in tight fitting sheets and a high-quality mattress pad.
3) When it comes to mattress toppers, thicker is better. If you don’t purchase a topper that has an adequate thickness, the support becomes uneven over time.
Benefits of Natural Latex Mattress Toppers
Natural latex toppers are 100 percent organic and made from all natural ingredients. Be careful though. Not all mattress toppers claiming to be natural are 100 percent natural. Some of them are natural blends. With 100 percent natural latex mattress toppers, you get the breathability that allows heat to move away from the skin so you can have a comfortably cool night’s sleep.
You also have the benefit of no petrochemicals used in the making of these mattress toppers and the fact that it returns to its original shape after every single use. The best feature a latex mattress topper has to offer, though, is the even support it gives to all the body’s major pressure points so you can have adequate support and a comfortable night’s sleep.
Benefits of Memory Foam Mattress Toppers
Memory foam toppers have a few impressive benefits to consider as well. They reduce pressure to the points in the body most susceptible to it. They add a touch of softness to overly firm beds without reducing the firm support that most people need in order to get a good night’s sleep. They are widely available and far less expensive than purchasing a new mattress. Finally, they’re durable, long lasting, and can extend the life of older mattresses giving them an excellent return on investment.
At the end of the day, the best mattress toppers are the ones that enable you to get the sleep you need without waking up in pain the next morning. Whether you’re trying to breathe new life into an old mattress or add a little extra softness or support to a new mattress that isn’t a perfect fit for your sleep needs, a mattress topper is often the perfect solution.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/best-mattress-topper">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- What are the Biggest Complaints with Latex Mattresses?
- Latex Mattress Store Near Me?
- What is a Mattress Topper and How can it Change Your Sleep?
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- 5 Things to Know Before Buying a Gel Mattress Topper
- The Mattress Recommended by Chiropractors and Orthopedists
- What is a Gel Mattress and How do You Buy One?
- How to Get Stains out of a Mattress by Material
- What is an Orthopedic Topper?
- This vs. That: Mattress Topper vs. Pad
- How to Choose the Best Mattress Topper for Side Sleepers
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide: Luxury Becoming Necessity
- 5 Things to Know Before You Use a Mattress Topper
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Pregnancy
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- Best Mattress for Back Pain: Prevent and Alleviate
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard
The post Best Mattress Topper: Transforming Your Whole Sleep Experience appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.