Choosing the right, or wrong, mattress can have serious implications on your ability to get a good night’s sleep consistently for years to come. It’s important to take your time and make a choice that’s right for your needs. That includes taking a little time to consider all the smaller details too – like temperature.
Getting the Temperature Right
Why does temperature matter so much? The core temperature of your body is part of what signals your brain that it’s time to settle down and get to sleep. If your environment doesn’t promote the rapid cline of core temperature that is necessary for the proper brain signals, you’re going to have a hard time falling asleep.
It doesn’t end there, though. If you become hot while you sleep, it’s going to be difficult to remain asleep.
What Does This Have to Do with Memory Foam Mattresses?
Not all memory foam mattresses are the same. One of the common complaints about certain big name brands is that they sleep hot. Heat retention makes it difficult for people to get the good night’s sleep they were hoping to find when they made the investment in their mattresses.
One solution mattress makers have come up with is to add a cooling gel to their memory foam mattresses in order to help keep things cooler throughout the night. Unfortunately, with many manufacturers that simply means adding more petrochemicals and off-gassing into the process.
What Should You Look for in a Memory Foam Mattress?
In addition to supreme cooling ability, you should also consider looking for memory foam mattresses made with environmentally-friendly ingredients. Off-gassing is another common complaint with traditional memory foam.
PlushBeds offers a new line of PlushFoam mattresses that provide improved air flow in order to allow heat to dissipate faster and wick moisture away three times faster than other memory foam products. Combine that with the open cell design of our product and overheating during sleep is a distant memory.
If you prefer even cooler sleep solutions, however, the PlushFoam mattress line also offers the Cool Bliss memory foam mattress line which is a gel-infused memory foam mattress that sleeps 30 percent cooler than traditional brands.
PlushBeds also has the first line of memory foam mattresses to achieve the coveted GreenGuard Gold Certification indicating that these mattresses adhere to rigorous standards for low emissions of VOCs and are safe for use by the most sensitive members of the population.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/the-best-memory-foam-mattress-for-sleeping-cool">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Sleeping After Shoulder Surgery
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold
- How Much Does a Latex Mattress Weigh?
- Memory Foam Mattress FAQ
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Reasons Why People Love their PlushBeds Latex Mattresses
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas?
- Where to Recycle Your Mattress
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Mattress Online
- How To Choose Your Mattress Thickness
- The Health Benefits of Gratitude