Parents don’t always consider the mattress needs of their children when making a kids mattress purchase. Sometimes it’s a matter of children seeming to be able to sleep anywhere. However, finding the best mattress for kids can have a profound impact on your child’s grades in school, physical fitness, and alertness throughout the day.
Growing children need a lot of sleep – between 10 and 12 hours of night once they’re old enough to sleep out of a crib, according toThe Sleep Foundation. Infants need even more sleep. Consider these factors when buying a mattress for your children so they have the best tool available to help them sleep at night.
If the adjustable air mattresses have taught us anything, they should have taught us that people all have different needs when it comes to a comfortable mattress. What’s comfortable for you might not be the most comfortable mattress for your child.
An uncomfortable mattress can limit your child’s ability to fall asleep at night or to stay asleep. If possible, try to find out what type of sleeping surface your child prefers. You’re really looking for answers regarding firmness of the mattress, softness of the mattress, temperature of the mattress, even squishiness of the mattress can be a key indicator for what your child finds most comfortable. Knowing what your child finds comfortable can help you make valuable decisions when actually purchasing a mattress, just as it is when purchasing the best mattress for arthritis or best mattress for back pain.
Many parents automatically assume that smaller mattresses are the perfect choice for small children. However, if your budget and space allows it’s a good idea to consider a full sized mattress instead. Livestrong suggests larger mattresses for many reasons, including the fact that they make bedtime stories a little more comfortable to share. The other reason they recommend larger mattresses has to do with the fact that many childrens’ rooms also serve double duty as guest rooms and larger beds are generally more comfortable for guests.
A further reason to consider larger mattresses for children is that parents sometimes need to sleep (or lie down) beside their children to comfort them when they hear things that go bump in the night, night terrors in children, or when the child is sick. This is much more comfortable for both with a larger bed.
The Sleep Foundation also recommends that children sleep best in a dark, cool, and quiet location. Instead of purchasing a mattress made of materials that are going to heat your child up at night, it’s a good idea to consider 100% natural latex mattresses that are much cooler and more conducive to a cool and comfortable night’s sleep.
An important consideration when you buy a mattress for your kids is a mattress that doesn’t contain toxic materials — such as an 100% natural latex mattress — provides adequate support, and gives your kids a comfortable place to sleep at night. These considerations will help.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/best-mattress-for-kids">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide
- Sleeping After Shoulder Surgery
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold
- Which Mattress Is Best For Me Quiz
- How Much Does a Latex Mattress Weigh?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Reasons Why People Love their PlushBeds Latex Mattresses
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas?
- Where to Recycle Your Mattress
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Mattress Online
- How To Choose Your Mattress Thickness
- The Health Benefits of Gratitude