Chances are you will have many questions as you shop for a new latex mattress. You may have questions such as “natural latex mattress v. organic latex mattress – what is the difference?” On the surface, they appear to be the same. However, under the covers, there is a significant difference between the two.
Organic Latex Mattresses
The Botanical Bliss mattress from PlushBeds is an organic latex mattress. These mattresses are made of raw materials that have never been touched by pesticides, fertilizers, and chemicals. More importantly, the growing process for these raw materials involves one or more sustainable energy sources.
Botanical Bliss mattresses are GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard) certified. This means they’ve gone through a rigorous screening process from the planting and gathering of raw materials through the manufacturing process to verify that sustainable processing methods are used in order to gather organic ingredients and/or raw materials.
They also carry the prestigious GreenGuard Gold certification that is awarded to fewer than one percent of all mattresses in the U.S. GreenGuard certified products release a very small amount of emissions making them a great choice for the most vulnerable members of the population (children and the elderly). The certification indicates that these mattresses are safe to use in medical facilities and homes that care for one or more of these vulnerable groups.
Furthermore, Botanical Bliss organic latex mattresses are made with GOTS certified quilted organic cotton covers with an inch of organic wool to serve as a fire barrier. No synthetic materials are used in the construction whatsoever.
Natural Latex Mattresses
There are quite a few differences between the Natural Bliss mattress by PlushBeds, which is a natural latex mattress, and the organic Botanical Bliss mattress. The first is the fire barrier. In the Natural Bliss collection, the stretch organic cotton cover offers a natural silica and (vegan) plant fiber fire barrier.
Ultimately, natural latex mattresses are mattresses that are made with no synthetic materials.
You’re still getting a completely natural mattress. It’s simply gone through fewer and less rigorous examinations and scrutiny. The mattress itself remains an exceptional mattress.
Which Mattress Should You Invest In?
Mattresses such as these are investments in your future comfort and good sleep. The good news is that either make wise investments. The bad news is that you’ll ultimately have to decide what your priorities in a mattress may be.
Some people prefer the certified organic qualities of the Botanical Bliss mattress, while others are perfectly pleased with the Natural Bliss mattress. Either way, you will sleep comfortably, knowing that your mattress is healthy and chemical free.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/shall-i-buy-a-natural-or-organic-latex-mattress">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide
- What Makes a Mattress Vegan? | PlushBeds.com
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Pregnancy
- Sustainable Bedding
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold
- How Much Does a Latex Mattress Weigh?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Reasons Why People Love their PlushBeds Latex Mattresses
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress