There’s one word that doesn’t come typically or immediately to mind when discussing sofa beds: comfort. In fact, mattresses on traditional sofa beds are notoriously uncomfortable. However, times are changing and consumers face options they haven’t always had in the past for sofa sleeper mattresses and replacement sofa mattresses. If you’re interested in providing guests with a more comfortable night’s sleep, then you might want to consider a sofa mattress replacement for your sleeper sofa soon.
These are a few things you’ll want to consider when making your purchase.
What to Look for in a Sleeper Sofa Mattress
There are plenty of things to consider when buying a sleeper sofa. Space restrictions, sofa size, décor, and even frequency of use are all important things to consider in the buying process. For instance, you can tolerate a longer sleeper sofa that will require a greater effort to use, as long as fits within your space, if the sofa bed is used infrequently. However, if you often have guests, or intend to sleep on the sofa yourself, then you need something that’s going to easily fold in and out without rearranging your entire living area night after night.
Choosing the Right Mattress
If you’ve checked out many sofa sleeper mattresses, you’ve probably discovered that many of them are thin and unsupportive. This is intentional so the mattresses will fold easily to fit into the sofa. Unfortunately, this will many times leave you feeling the bar in your back. However, natural latex sofa mattresses provide a more than generous four and a half inches of support to keep your guests comfortable while still fit nicely into your sofa. After all, no one wants to be responsible for providing house guests with an uncomfortable night’s sleep. It also offers the advantage of not needing a replacement sofa bed mattress as often.
Types of Sleeper Sofa Mattresses
Many people are surprised to learn that two of the top mattresses in the industry, memory foam and latex, offer sofa mattresses in addition to full lines of other mattress products.
- Latex sofa mattresses are extremely comfortable and supportive, while also providing a cooling sensation that’s conducive to sleep. Combine that with the environmentally friendly construction of the mattress and the natural materials in organic latex sofa bed mattresses and you have a real winner on your hands.
- Memory foam sofa mattresses are also popular options as they offer support and cushioning necessary for a comfortable night’s sleep. These mattresses are superb for pressure point reduction. They also return back to their original shape after sleeping or after being tucked away in the sofa. What that means is you don’t have to flip, turn, or rotate the sofa bed mattress.
Keep in mind that you must, first and foremost, make sure any replacement sofa mattresses you purchase for your sofa bed are the right size for your sofa bed. Most sofa beds are either queen or full size but there are some variations even among the sizes and some are actually twin or single. It is best to know the dimensions of your exact sofa bed before looking into replacement mattresses.
The most important thing, however, to remember while searching for the perfect replacement mattress for your sofa bed, is to find one you’re confident will help your guests or you get the good rest you need at night.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/the-most-comfortable-sofa-bed-mattress">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Sleeping Well in the New Year
- How Does A Latex Mattress Compare To A Memory Foam Mattress?
- Is Latex Better or Memory Foam?
- Latex Mattress Density: Feel and Support
- Which Firmness is Right for My Latex Mattress?
- Shall I Buy a Natural or Organic Latex Mattress?
- Talalay Latex Mattress: Dunlop or Talalay?
- Are the Best Latex Mattresses Dunlop Latex or Talalay Latex?
- What is the Healthiest Sleep Position?
- Making Your Bedroom Conducive to Sleep
- Do You Sleep Better in a Cool Room?
- How To Sleep Comfortably with Fibromyalgia
- The Link Between Sleep and Mental Health
- Is Sleep Learning Real?
- How Sleep Affects Athletic Performance
- How Much Sleep is too Much?
- How Sleep Affects Memory
- How Long Should a Mattress Last?
- What is Sleep Regression?