5 Signs It’s Time for a New Mattress
Buying a new mattress is something many people put off because they don’t believe it’s time to do so. Of course, that doesn’t mean it isn’t. These signs are good indicators that perhaps now really is the time to purchase a new mattress.
1) Your Mattress is More than Five to Seven Years Old
There are people who purchase new vehicles more often than they purchase new mattresses. Which is odd since the average person spends far more time sleeping than driving.
Not only does an innerspring mattress show signs of wear and tear over the course of five to seven years, but the needs of your body and your own personal sleep preferences have tendencies to change during that time as well. An older mattress, particularly an innerspring mattress, may no longer properly support the changes in your body.
2) You Suffer from “Morning” Allergies
Some allergy sufferers may notice a distinct increase in allergy symptoms in the morning that tend to go away after a few hours out of bed. If you wake up stuffy and/or sneezing in the morning, your mattress, and its microscopic guests, may be the culprit. Replacing your mattress frequently minimizes the number of microbes you must contend with on a daily basis. Even better, purchasing a natural latex mattress that is antimicrobial and dust mite free is even better.
3) You Wake Up Consistently Achy, Stiff, or Numb
Morning discomfort is not necessarily an indication that you’re getting old. It could be a symptom of needing a new mattress instead. You should wake up feeling rested, restored, and ready to face another day — not like you just went through three periods and overtime in a playoff hockey match.
Your mattress needs to provide adequate support for your back while also giving your pressure points the cushioning comfort they need, too. Most importantly, the mattress needs to feel comfortable to you night after night. If your mattress isn’t delivering those things — and aching, stiffness, and numbness in the morning are signs that it isn’t — it’s time for an update.
4) You’ve Slept Better Elsewhere
If you’ve slept better on someone’s guest bed or at a hotel than in your own bed at home, this is a good sign that you need a new mattress. Getting a good night’s sleep is important for your physical health and mental wellbeing. If your mattress doesn’t deliver, then it’s time to find one that does. You owe it to yourself to get a good night’s sleep in the bed you sleep in night after night.
5) Your Mattress Shows Signs of Overuse
Some mattresses look like they’ve been through war zones once the sheets and mattress covers are removed. If your mattress has lumps, cave-ins, coils sticking through, coffee stains, and more, then it’s time to make a change.
For some people it’s hard to get rid of an old mattress when the time has come. Emotional attachments are great, but emotional attachments to outdated and overused mattresses could prove detrimental to your overall health.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/5-signs-it-s-time-for-a-new-mattress">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Mattress Thickness: How to Choose the Right One
- Which Firmness is Right for My Latex Mattress?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide: What to Choose and Why
- Talalay Latex Mattress: Dunlop or Talalay?
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas? Nix the VOC's
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- The Mattress Recommended by Chiropractors and Orthopedists
- Mattress Sizes and Bed Dimension Guide
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide: Luxury Becoming Necessity
- Mattress Needs of the Baby Boomer Population
- Why Online Latex Mattress Reviews Matter to Shoppers
- PlushBeds Awarded Best Mattress Of 2018
- A Latex Mattress Will Change the Way You Sleep
- Neck Pain After Sleeping: Making Needed Adjustments
The post 5 Signs It’s Time for a New Mattress appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.