Before you commit to someone, a lot of people find the idea of sleeping and sharing a bed with someone for the rest of their lives very daunting and overwhelming, but for most couples, once they fall into a routine of sleeping by each other’s side each night, it’s very hard to sleep without them. While the concept of never leaving each other’s side may work in chick flicks and fairy tales, real people have business trips and commitments that sometimes keep their significant other home alone. Let’s find out how to sleep when your partner is away so that next time, you can sleep as if they are right beside you.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, 23% of American couples sleep apart at night. For the other 77% who enjoy sleeping next to their significant other, for the most part it seems that men are the ones who really like sleeping next to their wives at night. In general, it seems that people who sleep next to their partner sleep better than adults who sleep alone. A survey of insomniacs shows that out of the test group, 27% of insomniacs were people who sleep alone at night.
For those of you who can’t sleep without your other (perhaps better) half, try some of these simple solutions.
- Invest in a body pillow. It may not be the same as snuggling up next to your sweetie, but having a big comfy pillow next to you will help you to not feel so small in your big latex bed.
- Allow your dog to sleep next to you (just this once!) While it may break one of your rules, just having a beating heart next to you may be all you need to get to sleep. If your dogs are anything like mine, I’m sure they won’t object to it!
- Sleep with a sound machine or other white noise. Studies show that sound machine or some form of white noise can help even the most particular sleeper get to sleep faster. Try out one when you know you’re going to have trouble sleeping, like when your partner’s away.
- Try sleeping in the middle of the bed. While this one can be controversial for some people who are very particular about their “sides of the bed”, those of you who can adjust might enjoy this one. By sleeping in the middle of the bed, you’re making your bed seem smaller and also giving yourself more room to move around throughout the night. When your partner goes away next time, try to look at it as a chance to get the big bed all to yourself.
- Drink tea before bed. A cup of chamomile tea before bed can put you in a natural state of calmness and ease, which is probably exactly what you’re looking for.
These are just a few of the many sleep remedies you can try when your partner’s away from your bed. Let us know your favorite way to sleep when you’re away from your significant other!
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/how-to-sleep-when-your-partner-is-away">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
- How to Keep Your Sleep on Track When Working from Home
- Does Better Sleep Mean Better Grades?
- Sleep Tips For Healthcare Workers
- How Sleep Helps Your Body Fight Infection
- 5 Natural Ways to Build Your Immune System
- How Did the Letters Z-z-z-z-z-z Become Synonymous With Sleep and Snoring?
- How to Build a Bedtime Routine for You AND Your Kids
- Organic and Natural Teas That May Help You Fall Asleep
- What is a Weighted Blanket and What Are Its Benefits?
- What Happens With Our Sleep as We Age
- Health Benefits of Napping
- 10 Tips to Help You Wind Down at the End of the Day