While a new piercing can be fun and exciting, it can be especially uncomfortable to sleep on. Read on for some do’s and don’ts when it comes to sleeping with your new ear piercing.
Tips for Sleeping Comfortable on a New Piercing:
- Try not to sleep on the same side of the piercing. While it may seem like common sense, sleeping on the same side of the new ear piercing can be the most common way to feel pain at night. It can be hard to train yourself to avoid the side with the new piercing, but try to prop pillows to keep you on the same side for the whole night. Your ears will thank you in the morning!
- Keep it clean…Always remember to clean your new piercing before going to bed. Besides preventing infection and keeping them clean, it will also help to keep it lubricated and comfortable when sleeping. To clean your new piercing, the best medicine to use is rubbing alcohol. While it may sting, it is the best way to know that your ears are nice and clean. If your ears feel a little sore, the best thing to use is the tried and true neosporin. The best neosporin to use is the numbing pain relief type. It will help to heal your newly pierced ears while also numbing the pain when you’re trying to sleep. Additionally, if your ears do get infected, it is best to call your doctor immediately.
- Use a “U” shaped pillow. The “U” shaped travel pillow will allow your ears to stick out a little more than a regular pillow. Sleep with your neck in the middle of the “U” in order to sleep comfortable through the night.
- Try silicone… If you are having trouble sleeping with sharp earrings in your newly pierced ears, try putting silicone plugs in them at night. This will prevent your new piercings from closing up, while also keeping your ears comfortable at night.
Try to remember these tips next time you have trouble with your new ear piercings at night. Nothing beats sleeping in a talalay mattress for the most comfort for your whole body. Between your comfortable mattress and these helpful tips on sleeping with your new ear piercing, you’ll be on your way to your best night of sleep yet!
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/sleeping-with-a-new-ear-piercing-dealing-with-the-pain">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
- How to Keep Your Sleep on Track When Working from Home
- 10 Ways to Sleep Better When You Work the Night Shift
- Does Better Sleep Mean Better Grades?
- Sleep Tips For Healthcare Workers
- How Sleep Helps Your Body Fight Infection
- 5 Natural Ways to Build Your Immune System
- How Did the Letters Z-z-z-z-z-z Become Synonymous With Sleep and Snoring?
- How to Build a Bedtime Routine for You AND Your Kids
- Organic and Natural Teas That May Help You Fall Asleep
- What is a Weighted Blanket and What Are Its Benefits?
- What Happens With Our Sleep as We Age
- Health Benefits of Napping
- 10 Tips to Help You Wind Down at the End of the Day
The post Sleeping with a New Ear Piercing: Dealing with the Pain appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.