PlushBeds Independence Day 2020 Mattress Sale July 02, 2020
How Your Mattress Protector Serves and Protects July 02, 2020
10 Ways to Sleep Better When You Work the Night Shift June 17, 2020
15 Benefits of a Natural Latex Mattress Topper June 01, 2020
Posted on by Alex Wood
A mattress with proper support is essential for back sleepers. Back sleepers who sleep on a mattress that does not provide proper support, will wake up with aches and pains. If you are a back sleeper, read on to learn about the qualities you should look for, when shopping for a mattress.
Benefits Of Back Sleeping
Back sleeping provides significant benefits over side and stomach sleeping. It’s the healthiest option, since sleeping on your back allows your head, neck and spine to rest in a neutral position. This means there is no extra pressure on those areas, so you’re less likely to experience pain.
While back pain may be caused in many ways, a mattress that offers insufficient support can exacerbate the problem, requiring longer healing periods. Sleeping on the right mattress will eliminate much of this back pain and help you to heal faster.
Choosing The Right Mattress
Choosing the right mattress can make a world of difference in your overall comfort while sleeping. As a back sleeper you must have sufficient support to maximize your comfort and the effectiveness of your sleep. So finding a supportive and sufficiently firm mattress is the primary focus of your search, which is why memory foam mattresses are not ideal options for back sleepers.
While side sleepers adore plush comfort, back sleepers, who need more supportive mattresses, are likely to wake up feeling a few more aches and pains on a plush comfort mattress.
Is A Latex Mattress Good For Back Sleepers?
The answer is yes. A latex mattress is the ideal mattress for back sleepers. Before you dive in, and buy the first latex mattress you find, there are a few things you should note, to make the buying process more fruitful.
- Understand that not all latex mattresses are created equal. Make sure you’re buying your mattress from a reputable company that doesn’t add fillers, synthetics and petrochemicals to their mattresses. Not only do these synthetic mattresses break down more quickly over time than 100% natural latex, but they also lack the superior support latex is famous for.
- Make sure you get the right level of firmness in your latex mattress. Quality latex mattress manufacturers offer custom mattress orders. This means you can have your mattress made with the appropriate degree of comfort to meet your needs as a back sleeper. You can even customize the firmness on each side of your mattress, to accommodate a side sleeping partner.
- Give your body time to adjust to your new mattress. Some people experience a difference right away. Others may take a little longer to realize they are not waking with the same stiff, sore, aches, and pains as before. PlushBeds offers a free 100-night comfort exchange. So you have plenty of time to evaluate the effectiveness of your mattress, for reducing or eliminating your back pain. You can adjust the mattress firmness, when needed, to facilitate a better night’s sleep.
How Do You Know Which Firmness Is Best?
The big question many people have is this: “How do you know which firmness is best?” The firmness of a mattress is indicated by the ILD of the mattress. This stands for indentation or impression load deflection, and basically identifies how firm or soft a mattress is. Latex mattresses fall between 20 ILD for the softest mattresses and 45 ILD for the firmest mattresses.
Back sleepers should consider sleeping on either medium-firm or firm latex mattresses. These mattresses offer superior support for your back and they recover quickly when you get out of bed, thanks to the resilience of the 100% natural latex used to create them. This results in fewer lumps, bumps, and indentations that occur with other types of mattress, which cause back problems in their own right as you shift, twist, and turn to avoid them.
PlushBeds offers a variety of superb quality 100% natural latex mattresses. Call us today and let us work with you to find the perfect 100% natural latex mattress to meet your needs.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/is-a-latex-mattress-good-for-back-sleepers">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
- What to Know About PlushBeds MobilePlush RV Mattress Collection
- How to Avoid Health-Harming Chemicals in Your Mattress
- Sleep Tips For Healthcare Workers
- 5 Natural Ways to Build Your Immune System
- 7 Tell-Tale Signs It’s Time for a New Mattress
- How Did the Letters Z-z-z-z-z-z Become Synonymous With Sleep and Snoring?
- How to Build a Bedtime Routine for You AND Your Kids
- Organic and Natural Teas That May Help You Fall Asleep
- What is a Weighted Blanket and What Are Its Benefits?
- What Happens With Our Sleep as We Age
- Health Benefits of Napping
- 10 Tips to Help You Wind Down at the End of the Day
- How to Help Your Child (and You) Adjust to Daylight Savings Time Changes
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Your Sleep Position
- Parent’s Guide to Healthy Sleep for Children
- This Innovative Non-Toxic Mattress Changed the Way I Sleep
- How Long Do Latex Mattresses Last?
- What Is a Hybrid Latex Mattress?
- How to Create a Healthy Morning Routine
- 10 Healthy Foods For Better Sleep
- How To Assemble Your Latex Mattress
is added to your shopping cart.