Restful sleep is essential for overall health and well being. It plays an important role in your physical health, mental health and quality of life. But, for many Americans, getting a good night’s sleep is a challenge, particularly for those with back pain, and particularly for those whose mattress is working against them, rather than for them.
The American Chiropractic Association reports that at any given time there are 31 million Americans suffering from low back pain. This often translates to a lot of tossing and turning at night, making it difficult for you to get the healthy, restorative sleep that your body and brain need.
With so many Americans living with back pain at any given time, it is no wonder that back pain remedies are always high-demand gift items for holidays and beyond. That’s where the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress comes in. It is uniquely constructed to comfortably support your body, and help place your spine in proper alignment.
What Causes Back Pain?
Back pain is caused by a variety of things. To understand this, you must first understand the physiology of your back. Your back is made up of a complex arrangement of bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments.
Back pain occurs when ligaments are strained, muscles are pulled, disks are ruptured, joints are inflamed or irritated, and a variety of other situations and circumstances. With so many moving parts, it’s easy to damage one or more of them as you go about your daily routine. Unfortunately, it doesn’t take much to do any of these things.
These are a few things that can be instrumental in generating back pain.
- Bending wrong
- Involvement in an auto accident
- Picking up heavy items (especially when lifting from the back instead of the legs)
- Sleeping in an awkward position
- Sleeping on the wrong type of mattress (or one that is past its prime)
- Reaching from an awkward position
- Stepping wrong
As if these things weren’t enough potential sources of back pain, there are additional situations which can cause or, at the very least, exacerbate back pain. They include:
- Blood clots
- Disc or spinal diseases
- Diseases of internal organs
- Kidney stones
- Poor posture
- Psychological stress
So, what do Americans do when experiencing back pain? Different people respond differently. But for the most part, most people who experience chronic back pain admit that it not only hampers their ability to get a restful, restorative night’s sleep, but it also interferes with their quality of life. Many of these individuals call off work or change social plans as a result of their back pain.
Back pain is the second most common reason people visit the doctor, according to the American Chiropractic Association. 50 % of people working in the U.S. admit having back pain symptoms annually. Back pain is also one of the most prevailing reasons people miss work.
How bad is the problem of back pain in the workplace? The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) reports that businesses lose $51,400 per 100 employees each year in productivity as a result of back pain. Not only does back pain lead to employees calling out sick from work, but it also causes workers, who do come into the office when suffering from back pain, to be less productive — adding to the overall costs.
Preventing Back Pain
We all know that prevention is the best cure with many things in life. When it comes to chronic back pain, there are steps you can take to reduce your risks of suffering from back pain – especially chronic back pain.
Staying active, maintaining a healthy weight, and keeping a good posture are all things you can do to prevent back pain. But the American Chiropractic Association also recommends sleeping on a mattress, which provides proper support, in order to minimize any curve in your spine.
One major change you can make that will have an enormous impact on the amount of back pain you experience at night (or when waking in the morning) is to change your mattress to the Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress. It comes highly recommended by chiropractors and orthopedic specialists for its optimized pressure relief and uncompromising support.
How Can the Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress Help?
Sleeping on the wrong mattress can not only cause back pain, but it can also exacerbate existing back pain, due to a proper lack of support that:
- promotes poor sleep posture
- creates muscle strain
- knocks the spine out of alignment
Many people make the incorrect assumption that softer mattresses are better for their backs, particularly when they have chronic back pain. This is simply not the case. You need a mattress that provides proper support for your back instead.
The good news is that you can get both the comfort you expect from a softer mattress and the proper support you need, when you choose the Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress.
Orthopedic Specialists and Chiropractors alike recommend the Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- It contours to your body. It minimizes pressure points and improves blood flow to achy muscles.
- It cradles your back. This cradling enables the latex mattress to offer unparalleled support for the spine, which serves to relieve a wide range of aches and pains.
- It is breathable. It allow airflow throughout the mattress. If you’ve slept on some synthetic memory foam mattresses that have tendencies to sleep hot, you know how beneficial mattress airflow can be.
- It is healthy for sleep. While some mattresses are made with VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and other hazardous materials, the Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress is made with natural materials and it excludes harmful ingredients like fillers, dyes, chemicals, and adhesives, which can cause other health problems – not to mention being terrible for the planet.
The Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress is a rare breed of mattress that offers abundant support, comfort and spinal alignment, creating an atmosphere that is excellent for back pain relief and preventing many sleep-related back pain causes. Whether you are a back sleeper, stomach sleeper, or side sleeper, Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress offers you this unmatched support, comfort, and spinal alignment.
How Does the Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress Do This?
Its unrivalled high-quality material pushes back against you, enabling back pain relief by eliminating pressure points and gently aligning your spine.
First, the 100% natural talalay latex comfort layer not only reduces pressure point relief, it provides you with a buoyant sensation.
Then, the premium organic dunlop latex core is uniquely resilient and dense, offering unequaled support and proper spinal alignment. A high-quality core can also be the difference between years of long-lasting support or unpleasant sagging indentations after a short period of time.
Beyond Comfort and Spine Health: Other Benefits of the Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress
Of course, comfort isn’t the only reason you’re sure to love your Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress. These are just a few of the highlights.
- 100-Night Comfort Exchange
- 25-Year Warranty
- Earth Friendly
- Temperature Regulating
- Customized firmness and support (all of our mattresses are hand crafted and customized as the orders come in)
Then there are the mattress certifications. You can rest easy when you buy the Plushbeds Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress because it has gone through rigorous testing to qualify for the following certifications:
- Greenguard Gold
In other words, choosing the best mattress for your back – and your back pain – just got far less complicated, thanks to these certifications.
This is great news for you, considering how much time you spend each year in bed. Think about it, there are 365 days in a year and 24 hours in each day. If you spend the recommended eight hours per day in bed, you are literally spending one-third of your time in bed each day.
That’s more time than you spend in your car, on your sofa, or even your favorite recliner. Investing in a high quality mattress is a good move for your quality of sleep, peace of mind, and your overall spine health. A Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Latex Mattress from PlushBeds make perfect sense when you think of it that way.
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss 100% Natural Organic Latex Mattress is available in 9”, 10” and 12”, and customized firmness levels. Learn more about this orthopedic specialist and chiropractic recommend mattress below, then give us a call at 1-888-PLUSHBEDS with any questions you have! Your back will be happy you did!
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/the-mattress-recommended-by-chiropractors-and-orthopedic-specialists">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas?
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Latex Mattress Buying Guide
- How to Find a Sustainable Mattress
- Where to Recycle Your Mattress
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Mattress Online
- How To Choose Your Mattress Thickness
- The Health Benefits of Gratitude
- Mattress Sizes
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Which Mattress is Healthiest?
- What is the Healthiest Mattress?
- How to Choose the Best Organic Mattress
- Which Mattress is Right for You?
- How Does a Latex Mattress Offer a Cooler Night’s Sleep?
The post The Mattress Recommended by Chiropractors and Orthopedic Specialists appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.