In your search for the perfect mattress, you may have narrowed your options down to one or two choices. If one of those is a latex mattress, you’ll want to learn a little more about the pros and cons of latex mattresses, so you can make an informed decision on the best mattress for your needs.
Latex Mattress Pros
The list of benefits, or “pros,” associated with latex mattresses is a rather lengthy list. Explore the following benefits and see if a latex mattress fulfills all of your sleeping needs.
Organic latex mattresses are luxuriously comfortable. They offer superior cushioned support, soothing pressure relief and natural spinal alignment. This is due to the buoyant nature of latex and it feels incredibly comfortable.
Natural and Healthy
No Motion Transfer
The buoyancy of a latex mattress means that movement on one side of the mattress is not transferred to the other side. If you sleep with a partner who moves frequently during the night, you will feel little to no movement on a latex mattress and you will sleep better.
Most latex mattresses come with a 25-year warranty. Latex mattresses come with this long warranty because they are extremely durable. Not only do latex mattresses last that long, but they maintain their support and shape, during this time, as well. This makes your latex mattress as comfortable on the day you receive it as it is 25 years later.
Organic and natural latex mattresses are made with pure, organic and natural ingredients that do not harm the planet. They contain no chemicals, no additives, no synthetics, no blends, no glues, no chemicals, etc.
There are two manufacturing processes used to create natural latex:
Both have been around for quite a while and both are made in planet friendly ways. Latex mattresses are also fully recyclable at the end of your 25-years of use (compared with only 5 to 7 years with traditional innerspring and memory foam mattresses). Also, there is no need for these mattresses to ever see the inside of a landfill. Plus, you don’t have to worry about chemicals breaking down and contaminating soil or groundwater. It is the healthiest and safest mattress you can sleep on, for the planet and the people who call it home.
When you and your partner each have different needs from a mattress, it can be uncomfortable for one or both of you. However, a latex mattress can be customized on each side of the bed, satisfying your unique needs for support and comfort. It’s the perfect solution for couples with different sleeping needs.
Latex Mattress Cons
Now that you’ve looked at the pros, it’s time to explore the cons.
Latex mattresses require a larger initial investment than many average innerspring or memory foam mattresses. However, when you consider that the average latex mattress will last three times longer than a traditional innerspring mattress, and 2 to 3 times longer than memory foam mattresses, the difference in cost makes sense. It’s actually a benefit in the long term.
Also, when you consider the top-quality ingredients, the absence of chemicals, and the overall quality of the mattress, it is safe to say you’re getting your money’s worth.
Latex Mattresses are typically heavier than traditional innerspring or memory foam mattresses. Latex mattresses are built to last up to 25 years. That means they aren’t flimsy and likely to fall apart within the first few months. They are resilient and long lasting.
Weight is typically not a big drawback because you do not move your mattress frequently. However, when you do, latex mattresses come in layers, so you can move each layer separately if needed. The individual layers are lighter and easy to move.
As you can see, there are quite a few pros and cons to keep in mind when considering a latex mattress. Fortunately, if you shop with PlushBeds, we’ll help you find the perfect mattress for your needs so that you can get the best night’s sleep you deserve.
Have questions about these or other latex mattress pros and cons? Give us a call here at PlushBeds at 1-888-405-2448.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/latex-mattress-pros-and-cons">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Organic Mattress Benefits | PlushBeds
- Natural Latex Meaning | PlushBeds
- How do I Know if my Mattress is Toxic? | PlushBeds
- How Long Will an Organic Mattress Last? | PlushBeds
- Are Latex Mattresses Good for Pregnancy?
- Best Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Organic vs Natural Latex Mattresses: A Comprehensive Guide | PlushBeds
- What is an Organic Mattress? - Your Guide to a Healthier Sleep | PlushBeds
- Organic Mattress Certifications - a Comprehensive Guide | Plushbeds
- Are Organic Mattresses Worth It? - Uncover the Truth | PlushBeds
- Latex Mattresses and Durability: How Long Can You Expect Them to Last?
- Can A Latex Mattress Reduce Sleep Apnea Symptoms?
- The Art of Luxury: Latex Mattresses with Pillowtop Layers
- The Secret Ingredient: The Role of Organic Wool in Latex Mattresses
- The Art of Layering: Exploring Latex Mattress Construction
- Latex Mattresses and Motion Isolation: Sharing the Bed without Disruption
- The Cooling Properties of a Latex Mattress
- 7 Ways a Latex Mattress Can Improve Sleep
- Can You Put a Mattress on the Floor?
- Luxury Latex Mattresses: Indulge in Pure Comfort
- Comparing Latex Mattresses to Traditional Spring Mattresses
- Are Latex Mattresses Temperature-Neutral? Sleep Comfortably Year-Round
- Latex Mattress Myths: Debunking Common Misconceptions and Misinformation
- Latex Mattresses for Kids: Choosing the Right Bed for Children
- How Latex Mattresses Provide Support and Pressure Relief for Better Sleep
- What Are the Different Types of Pillowtop Mattresses?
- Are Latex Mattresses Noisy?
- Mattress Thickness: How to Choose the Right One
- Which Firmness is Right for My Latex Mattress?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide: What to Choose and Why
The post Latex Mattress Pros And Cons: Are There any Drawbacks? appeared first on PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog.