When it comes to mattresses, a “hypoallergenic mattress” is safe for individuals with allergies. It has fewer allergens than you will find in other mattresses. Hypoallergenic mattresses prevent allergy affecting microorganisms such as dust mites, bacteria and fungus from making its way into mattress. Read on to learn the answer to this question: “Are Latex Mattresses Hypoallergenic?”
Are Latex Mattresses Hypoallergenic?
Pure, organic latex, the kind that is used to make PlushBeds Botanical Bliss latex mattresses is hypoallergenic by its own nature. The raw ingredients aren’t man-made. The latex is made from the sap of a rubber tree.
It’s not a derivative of petrochemicals. Even the open cell construction of natural latex mattresses means that any allergens are washed away as the raw rubber tree sap is transformed into latex foam mattresses.
You must understand, though, that most hybrid latex mattresses and synthetic latex mattresses types are not hypoallergenic. They do not have the same properties, they do use petrochemical derivatives, and they are not manufactured in the same manner as natural organic latex mattresses.
How Can You Tell the Difference?
Most people can’t eyeball a mattress and tell the difference between 100 percent natural latex and a hybrid or synthetic latex mattress. In the beginning they may feel similar. Some people do notice the “off gassing” of a synthetic latex mattress and to a lesser degree with a hybrid latex mattress. On sight alone, though, it may be difficult to tell the difference.
It’s the same with latex mattresses from one latex mattress manufacturer to another as well. That’s why it’s important to turn to outside sources for validation and confirmation that mattresses are truly hypoallergenic or even that they are truly as organic as they claim to be.
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattresses have two important distinctions that separates them from other mattress makers as well as other PlushBeds models. The Botanical Bliss collection is the crème de la crème of the PlushBeds family of products, and is proud to be GreenGuard Gold Certified as well as GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard) certified.
These certifications aren’t awarded lightly. PlushBeds wears them as badges of honor that show the world our commitment to delivering mattresses made of only the finest ingredients and manufactured to the highest of standards.
Other Benefits of Pure, Organic Latex Mattresses
In addition to being hypoallergenic, PlushBeds natural latex mattresses are also anti-microbial, dust mite resistant, and antibacterial, which is one of the important reasons why natural latex makes for a healthier mattress and the best mattress for allergies. This is a real win for people who suffer from common allergies as well as those who are interested in purchasing mattresses that are earth-friendly.
If you’re considering a latex mattress to aid in your personal war against allergies, don’t forget to look for a mattress that is 100 percent natural, organic latex.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/are-latex-mattresses-hypoallergenic">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Best Mattress for Athletes: Recovering Through Quality Sleep
- Latex Mattresses and Motion Isolation: Sharing the Bed without Disruption
- The Cooling Properties of a Latex Mattress
- 7 Ways a Latex Mattress Can Improve Sleep
- Can You Put a Mattress on the Floor?
- Luxury Latex Mattresses: Indulge in Pure Comfort
- Comparing Latex Mattresses to Traditional Spring Mattresses
- Are Latex Mattresses Temperature-Neutral? Sleep Comfortably Year-Round
- Latex Mattress Myths: Debunking Common Misconceptions and Misinformation
- Latex Mattresses for Kids: Choosing the Right Bed for Children
- Best Hypoallergenic Pillows
- How Latex Mattresses Provide Support and Pressure Relief for Better Sleep
- Best Mattress Without Fiberglass
- What Are the Different Types of Pillowtop Mattresses?
- Are Latex Mattresses Noisy?
- Mattress Thickness: How to Choose the Right One
- Which Firmness is Right for My Latex Mattress?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide: What to Choose and Why
- Talalay Latex Mattress: Dunlop or Talalay?
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas? Nix the VOC's
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Chiropractor Recommended Mattress for a Healthy Spine and Better Sleep
- Mattress Sizes and Bed Dimension Guide
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide: Luxury Becoming Necessity
- What is the World's Most Expensive Mattress?
- PlushBeds Awarded Best Mattress Of 2018
- Neck Pain After Sleeping: Making Needed Adjustments