Believe it or not, many makers of “natural” latex mattresses actually glue the layers of their mattresses together. Not only does this introduce a few decidedly unnatural ingredients into the mix, but it robs mattress buyers of the ability to fully customize their mattress orders after the sale. Before you buy a natural latex mattress, here are a few benefits of going with non-glued latex mattress layers over those that are glued together.
Natural Grip Between Layers
Most people have a hard time conceptualizing a mattress that comes to them with unglued layers. You’ve been taught to believe that the layers must be glued together in order to stick together. The truth is natural latex is naturally abrasive, and will therefore grip the layers surrounding it. This means it won’t slide or bunch, even after twenty or so years of nightly use by mattress owners.
Companies that leave the layers unglued understand how important it is for the consumer to try a mattress out with the ability to make changes. In fact, you really need to spend about two months, or longer, sleeping on a mattress before you decide whether it’s working for you or not. Mattresses that aren’t glue have more options if they aren’t working. For instance, you can easily unzip the lining and remove the uppermost layer to replace it with one that’s firmer or softer according to your individual sleep needs. Exchanging the comfort layer on your latex mattress is a huge benefit of non-glued mattress layers.
No Harmful Glue Side Effects
Glues that are often used in mattress making can cause some significant side effects. The off-gassing of many types of glue is bad enough in its own right. Combine the off-gassing with sensitive sinuses or allergies and you could have a recipe for disaster. The bottom line is that sinus health is greatly improved by skipping glues while building natural latex mattresses.
Keeps it Clean, Natural, and Planet Friendly
Mother Nature doesn’t deal well with harsh petrochemicals and odors. She lives clean breezes and an absence of harmful toxins in the air and on the land. Mattresses making claims of being “all natural” that contain glue are incredibly misleading. The latex portion of the mattress may be 100 percent natural. However, they are breaking faith with their potential customers by promising an all-natural mattress and offering one that includes glue and/or other unnatural chemicals in the construction process.
Natural latex mattresses are almost always an excellent choice for buying mattresses as long as the layers are not glued together. You rob yourself of many potential benefits that go along with owning latex mattresses by accepting a mattress that isn’t giving you the same planet-friendly green mattress buying experience you expect.
Shop around and compare the inside of the mattress as much as you compare the outside of the mattresses you buy. PlushBeds latex mattresses include no glue whatsoever so keep them in mind as you explore your options.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/benefits-of-non-glued-latex-mattress-layers">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold
- How Much Does a Latex Mattress Weigh?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Reasons Why People Love their PlushBeds Latex Mattresses
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas?
- Latex Mattress Buying Guide
- How to Find a Sustainable Mattress
- Where to Recycle Your Mattress
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Mattress Online
- How To Choose Your Mattress Thickness