Finding the right mattress is difficult enough when you’re shopping for one person. When you’re looking for the best mattress for intimacy or just for sleep as a couple, it changes the mattress buying process immensely. There are more considerations to bear in mind as you go through the buying process. Remember these key points when shopping for the right mattress for your needs as a couple.
Finding the Right Fit
Size matters when it comes to buying mattresses. It doesn’t matter if you have the best firm mattress on the market if you’ve purchased one that’s two sizes too small. Just like the Grinch’s heart, it’s likely to leave you feeling left out in the cold rather than feeling the love you expect to feel when sharing a bed with the one you love. The reason is simple. The double (full-size) bed is only double the size of actual sleeping space of the average crib, saysThe Better Sleep Council. The council goes on to recommend the king-size mattress as the best for couples provided you have an adequate foundation for the mattress. Don’t forget, however, to consider the dimensions of the room where the bed will be as well as your ability to move the mattress into and out of the room.
Just as relationships need support, so does a good night’s sleep. Couples may have different preferences on softness and other issues, but all mattresses need to provide adequate support. This will prove beneficial not only for better sleep for both parties but also for the intimate moments couples share. Because couples share space in a bed, and tend to sleep all over that space at different points in the relationship, the support needs to be consistent throughout the mattress. Despite common misconceptions about sleep and aging, the need for good support from a mattress only increases with age. The longer you’re together as a couple the more support you’re likely to need from you mattress.
Conducive to Sleep
You’ll spend more of your time in bed sleeping than anything else. And a good night’s sleep is necessary for good health and a healthy relationship. You need to choose a mattress that’s conducive to sleep for both of you. For instance, a 100 percent natural latex mattress pulls heat away from the body for a cooling impact that counteracts the heat from the warm body next to you. It makes cuddling in bed less disruptive to sleep than with other types of mattresses.
The size of your mattress also impacts the quality of sleep as well as the support. Ever slept on an old saggy mattress where you both seemed to fall on top of each other in the middle of the bed? That does not make for a good night’s sleep. You need to check for guarantees or warranties protecting against that type of sagging when selecting your best latex mattress too – and provide an adequate foundation for the mattress you ultimately choose.
Buying mattresses as a couple doesn’t have to be completely difficult. Keep these things in mind and your heart may feel so much love that, like the Grinch’s, it grows three sizes too. At least you’ll get enough mood-improving sleep that the one you love will think that’s what has happened.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/best-mattress-for-couples">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Adjustable Bed Buyer’s Guide
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold
- How Much Does a Latex Mattress Weigh?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Reasons Why People Love their PlushBeds Latex Mattresses
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas?
- PlushBeds' Highly-Acclaimed Mattresses Earn More Than 80 Awards
- Where to Recycle Your Mattress
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Mattress Online
- How To Choose Your Mattress Thickness