PlushBeds Independence Day 2020 Mattress Sale July 02, 2020
How Your Mattress Protector Serves and Protects July 02, 2020
10 Ways to Sleep Better When You Work the Night Shift June 17, 2020
15 Benefits of a Natural Latex Mattress Topper June 01, 2020
Posted on by Alex Wood
Are you feeling like your nice comfortable all natural bed is a little lonely lately? Do you find yourself cuddling up and wishing your back had a little support at night? Well maybe it’s time to look into getting a boyfriend, pillow that is. In some cases, the boyfriend pillow might be even better than an actual boyfriend. Let’s look at some reasons why.
According to Spine-Health, there are quite a few benefits of sleeping with a back or a boyfriend pillow.
- For Support: From a physical perspective, pillows prop up the head, neck and shoulders – keeping them in alignment, relieving pressure and counterbalancing the points in the body. A lower back support pillow helps provide support for the inward curve in the lumbar spine. Sitting for extended periods of time without any lower back support can create muscle tension and pain in the lower back and legs (e.g. sciatica). Used when in a seated position, a lumbar support pillow fills the natural gap that is created between the lower spine and the chair. Lumbar back support is also helpful when sitting in a car. When the lumbar curve is supported, the downward forces of gravity and driving are absorbed much like a coiled spring, as opposed to a non-supported straight or slouched lumbar spine. Lumbar support pillows work by decreasing muscle tiredness. It’s important to know that excess muscle fatigue eventually leads to the arrival of pain. Lumbar support pillows are also recommended for those who are already suffering from chronic back pain. Unless you have been living under a rock, you’re probably aware of the fact that millions of people across the world are suffering from back problems.
- For Comfort: From a more subjective perspective, pillows create a feeling of comfort, which aids in getting a good night’s sleep and feeling well rested.
- For Stress Relief: After putting in a full day, your body needs rest and a detox from stress. The back pillow or boyfriend pillow grants that wish of your body’s. the boyfriend pillow will not only help you to fall asleep faster but it was also aid in staying asleep longer.
Many people use the back or boyfriend pillow at work or while they’re driving in the car. It’s ideal for people who spend a lot of time sitting throughout their day. While we joke about the comfort and level of rest a back pillow can provide, they really can help to improve your sleep quality and your lower back pains. It may seem codependent to call them “boyfriend pillows” but hey, they’re doing a good job of keeping woman and men comfortable everywhere so haven’t they earned the title? Why not try a boyfriend pillow out today and see if it can stand up to your real man!
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/the-benefits-of-sleeping-with-a-boyfriend-pillow">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
- Guide to Cleaning Your Pillows, Sheets, Mattress Protector, Comforter, and Latex Mattress
- Can a Wool Pillow Improve Your Sleep?
is added to your shopping cart.