Split King mattresses are essentially two twin xl mattresses on separate bases and box springs. The total size of the mattress is 76 inches in width and 80 inches in length. Of all the mattress sizes, king mattresses are often best mattress for couples, and split king mattresses are even better.
You’ve probably seen countless advertisements online and in televisions commercials that feature split king mattresses. For some people, this is their top choice for a mattress, among all of the sizes available. But, do they really live up to the expectations? These are just a few benefits to consider as you explore the option of split king mattresses.
Easier to Move than Traditional King-Sized Mattresses
This is especially helpful to people who have bedrooms on second (or higher) floors. Split king mattresses can be separated into 2 twin xl mattresses. This makes them easier to navigate up stairs and around tight corners.
Accommodates Different Partner Preferences
In many relationships partners have different needs and preferences when it comes to mattresses. A partner, for instance, with GERD or acid reflux, may need to sleep with his or her head raised in order to prevent painful bouts of heartburn or acid reflux. Sleeping on an adjustable bed, where the head is raised, is a great plan for that partner.
However if the other partner prefers side or stomach sleeping, a non-split adjustable bed will not be comfortable. Split beds allow both partners to share a bed and sleep according to their individual preferences.
Eliminates Motion Transfer Problems
Motion transfer is a big deal on some mattresses with one partner disturbing the other every time he or she rolls over or makes a midnight run to the bathroom. By sleeping on separate mattresses, you eliminate that problem completely. Ordinarily though, the seam in the middle makes it somewhat uncomfortable to do so.
Less Involved Replacements or Adjustments
Since the mattresses are individually contained, you can replace or exchange one mattress, on either side, without replacing the other. In the event of an organic mattress made of latex, this means that one mattress can be adjusted for firmness without having an impact on the other mattress.
Clearly Defined Personal Space – When You Want
Perhaps the biggest benefit for some couples, particularly those who prefer to have their own sleep space is that you get precisely that with split king mattress. Adjustable beds allow you to sleep with your head and/or feet raised according to your preferences, by raising or lowering to standards that are different than your partner. So you can have personal space when you want it or adjust the beds flat when you prefer to cuddle.
Another benefit of split adjustable beds is that they may help relieve or diminish certain types of snoring that disrupt sleep. This gives everyone a better night’s sleep. With so many benefits to split king mattresses is hard to imagine choosing anything else.
Link to Us!
If you found this article useful and shareable, please copy and paste the following into the html code of your website or blog:
Learn More About Going Green at the <a href="https://www.plushbeds.com/blogs/green-sleep/benefits-of-a-split-king-mattress">PlushBeds Green Sleep Blog</a>.
*Please note that we DO NOT accept guest blog posts. Any inquiries into this will be respectfully left unanswered.
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Seniors and the Elderly
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Plush Bed vs Firm Bed: What Is The Difference?
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Mattress Certifications – GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold
- How Much Does a Latex Mattress Weigh?
- Latex Mattress Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Reasons Why People Love their PlushBeds Latex Mattresses
- Do Latex Mattresses Sag?
- Is a Latex Mattress Good for Back Sleepers?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Latex Mattresses
- Latex Mattress Questions
- Latex Mattress Materials
- Benefits of CertiPUR-US Certified Foams in Mattresses
- Who Benefits Most from a Latex Mattress?
- Are There Chemicals in a Latex Mattress?
- Talalay vs. Dunlop
- Buying a Latex Mattress Online
- What is a GOLS Certified Organic Latex Mattress?
- The Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
- Do Latex Mattresses Off Gas?
- Where to Recycle Your Mattress
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Mattress Online
- How To Choose Your Mattress Thickness